How do you view the circumstances in your life?
Each day we have we have the ability to make a choice and change it all.
We can find the books, people, resources, and inspiration that expand our minds and thoughts, or we can choose to do nothing.
We can choose to learn from the mistakes of the past, or continue to repeat them.
If you’re willing, all it takes is a little shift in mindset and you can start to transform the obstacles into opportunity.
Seeing Nothing But Issues
I will be the first one to admit that before I realized that I was the only one who could change my life, I was a pretty reactive person.
Whether it was with my personal relationships or business and professional ventures, I let the world and those around me dictate how I felt.
Bouncing around from problem, to concern, to issue after issue, and it drove me crazy trying to scramble in between.
I was a pretty distraught individual. Stressed out.
In my work I focused on the problems at home. At home I focused on the problems at work. Many days I’d think about them both, no matter where I was.
I lived and acted within a place of fear, worry, and doubt.
Instead of seeing the world for it’s abundance and beauty, I felt that there was not enough to go around (for anybody), and it kept me down and out for quite a while.
Seeing Nothing But Invitations
Your ability to see the world around you and how you react to it has a direct impact on the results you will gain from life. How you carve out your future depends on a lot of details.
Of those, being able to seize opportunities when they present themselves is very important.
Winston Churchill, the famous British Prime Minister and the first person ever to be made an Honorary Citizen of The United States has intelligently quoted:
“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
Almost immediately after shifting your thinking and philosophy you’ll start making better decisions and taking the right kind of action.
Rather than seeing issues, you see invitations.
These invitations are chances to do more and be more where before you may have given up or (worse) not even tried at all.
By refining yourself and adjusting your current habits you can make an immediate change in your life.
5 Lessons For Turning Issues Into Invitations
Here are five key lessons and ideas that would like to share with you that have helped me gain a greater sense of opportunity in my life.
1) Discover your sense of self-worth: Above everything else, you must have faith in for yourself. You are unique and special. Without the realization of your true potential and abilities change will not be possible.
2) Work on refining your personal philosophy: Your ideas, beliefs, habits and experiences all help form your personal philosophy. It’s up to you to choose the right mindset, read the right books, and weed out the limiting beliefs and fears which may be holding you back.
3) Experience Life: One of the greatest miracles of life is in the ability to feel and live in the moment. Yes, there will be challenging times and difficult decisions. Use not only your logic and reasoning, but rely on your gut instinct, too. Identify those feelings and the signs which tell you to act.
4) Take the proper action when required: Action is the process of living. It’s a heart beat, a breath, a movement, and a step in the right direction. Without action, nothing would be accomplished. Having an idea and a vision is great, but it will only remain a dream without putting the proper force behind it.
5) Embrace your results: The biggest difference between someone who is successful and someone who is struggling is how they let their results affect them. The same circumstances fall on us all, it’s up to you to interpret and decide what to do with the cards dealt to you.
Now I’ll pass it on to you… what are some ways that you overcome the adversity and turn your issues into invitations? Leave your tips and ideas in the comments section below.